Well friends, it’s Sunday afternoon and I’m taking a bit of a break from doing some housework. Keaton is dancing around in her Princess Araura costume as Animal Collective plays. She keeps singing something about finding her “Prince Charlie.”
Prince Charlie… I LOL’d.
Oh and yes: housework. As the sole proprietor of this here shop for another Mr. Mom weekend, I’ve busied myself tidying, laundering, and scullionry. After church Keaton and I swung by the grocery store to pickup some foodstuffs for lunch (and I couldn’t resist a sixpack of Sam Adams Octoberfest brew, a cold bottle of that goes so well with housecleaning). She got a turkey sandwich, some grapes the size of small eggs (which were on sale), and a glass of milk. I had a few salt-and-pepper kettle chips (“send a man shopping,” they’ll say…), grapes, and a turkey sandwich of my own. I heard they changed the food pyramid recently… wonder how I did?
Random topics today, if you hadn’t already figured it out…
Y’know, I’ve got to hand it to whoever does the new Scooby Doo cartoon on TV. We caught an episode of it while in the hotel room down in Mexico, and I was pleasantly surprised at how true-to-formula it was (that formula being how I remember the show when I was a kid). The voices are spot-on, the stories develop and play out as expected, and the jokes are still aimed at adults as often as they are kids. Keaton seemed to dig it (she is my child, after all) so I was more than happy to setup a recurring recording for it on the DVR. Watching it with her is like going back in time a little. Good job Scooby people, good job.
I spent a good bit of time Saturday further tweaking all the props to get them perfectly dialed-in. And, as expected, once I had things pretty much how I wanted them, two of the props suffered major breakdowns. Always; always, always, always. The stupid coffin popper appears to have popped his pneumatic frame right off the bottom of the coffin – that’s not going to be an easy fix; and I found the crank ghost as a sad crumpled mess of glowing cheesecloth, hanging by one arm and going up-and-down. Ugh. At first, I figured I’d just let ’em rot for a day or two… not wanting to see how badly things were broken and learn how long it’d take to fix it all. But, I had some free time Sunday between loads of laundry so I took a look. Happily, things were all fixed and back to working order in under thirty minutes.