Sharaun posted this on her Facebook the other day (I know because I lurk), so it’s nothing new to the internet – but I love the drawing so much I wanted to share it here. I don’t know if it’s as awesome as I think it is, but I’m impressed with the skills of my not-quite five year old up in here.
Above is a drawing of our family, done by Keaton this weekend. Please note the details:
- Sharaun’s lovely flowing tresses
- Cohen lying down, which is pretty much all he does
- Dad is bald, not a hair to be found
- The proportions are strikingly reflective of real life; Dad’s the tallest, then mom, then Keaton and Cohen
Other things I love about the drawing:
- We all appear to be happy and smiling
- I don’t think Sharaun has arms, or they are hidden in her hair
- We are legs attached to heads (to be fair, so are all the people Keaton draws)
- Her handwriting seems consistent and impressive to me (I am her dad, after all)
- We all have just three fingers
One day I hope to show this to her when she’s older… so cool.